I tried Cement and soil and sand plaster at my farm near Panshet.
Inspired with the Auroville construction technology I decided to carry out this at my farm.
So I mixed sieved sand sieved red soil (लाल माती ) available at my site. I mixed the soil and sand in equal proportion and cement to the tune of 8%. I took 25 kg of sieved sand and 25 kg of sieved red dry soil.
The sand and soil was cleaned free from any organic matters etc and then used. The mix was very workable. With the help of the mason I carried out this experiment. So far so good the plaster in in shape and strong and bonding very nicely to the brick wall. I have used on the external face of the wall and finished it using a sponge which we use for sand faced plaster finish.
See the photographs taken for last four months.
The cracks developed at the ends of the plaster edges after it started drying. The cracks are due to more % of soil. the shrinkage of material has taken place no doubt. But this cracks have not widened over for last four months.
I have posted the photographs of the last four moths. Have a look at them. Do please comment on this experiment.